Part One: Install Code on All Shopify Pages
Integrating Shopify with AutoOptimize allows you to create and run tests on your Shopify store. The end-to-end process of integrating Shopify with AutoOptimize involves the following steps:
1. Sign in to your Shopify store as an administrator.
2. From the navigation bar, go to Sales channels > Online Store > Themes. Scroll down to your "Live theme". Go to Actions > Edit code.
3. Go to the theme.liquid file and then paste your AutoOptimize code directly underneath the <head> tag. Click the Save button. Your AutoOptimize code will be added to all the pages (site-wide) in the selected theme.
Part Two: Install Success Code on Thank You Page
Installing the success code on your thank you page is crucial! This allows AutoOptimize to track and allocate conversions to the relevant experiment.
1. Go to Settings > Checkout.
2. Scroll down to Additional scripts section. Paste your AutoOptimize Code in this box. Click Save.
3. Once experiment setup is complete, you will be required to enter your thank you page url.
This URL will depend on what you are optimizing for. It could be the next step in your funnel such (e.g. Add to Cart), or a thank you page after visitor takes an action (e.g. purchases your product).
Select "is" if you know the exact thank you page url.
Select "contains" if you're not 100% sure of your thank you page url, but you're certain it has word(s) e.g. "thankyou".
To find the thank you page URL, complete a test order on your Shopify store. Once checkout process is complete, you're URL may look something like this:
In this case, we would suggest you select "contains" option and enter "checkout/order-receive".
You are all set up and ready to start running experiments to your Shopify product page!